Production safety systems play a critical role in protecting workers and the environment. Operators may not commence oil and gas production until GTCIS approves their production safety system application and GTCIS conducts a pre-production inspection.
After this course student will be able to:
- safety and pollution prevention equipment;
- subsurface safety devices;
- safety device testing;
- dry tree (surface) and subsea tree production systems;
- firefighting systems;
- shutdown valves and systems;
- valve closure and leakage;
- mechanical integrity of the fire tubes for tube-type heaters; and
- high pressure/high temperature (HPHT) well equipment.
- implemented the use of a lifecycle approach for safety and pollution prevention equipment
- rewrote these regulations in more precise language
- Production Safety Certification